Tuesday 23 March 2010

The Funny 00's

The Best Comedies of the 2000s - Part I of a series

Howdy ho, true believers!

I didn't let go of this blog this easily. Instead, it gives me the perfect platform to publish a list I originally made for Episodi magazine. It concerns the best comedies of the Naughties. All of these have been selected because thay made me laugh. Some may be better movies than others by having more content to them than just goofy belly-laughs. But to be looked at a comedy, the main point to me at least is the fact whether the movie is funny or not.

The list at Unreality (a site for which I have tons of respect) may not be the most agreeable, but at least it gave me a good point: There's no need to argue why anything is funny. You just find it so or you don't. That's why I'll only post one of my favorite quotes or an appropriate YouTube clip next to each entry. These are in alphabetical order. Enjoy!

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)
Director: Adam McKay

"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

Bad Santa (2003)
Director: Terry Zwigoff

"Wish in one hand, shit in the other."

Be Kind Rewind (2008)
Director: Michel Gondry

"Anything you say can and will be held against you...in the court of Robocop."

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (2006)
Director: Larry Charles

"Why you call police? The retard escape?"

Bubba Ho-Tep (2002)
Director: Don Coscarelli

"Even a big bitch cockroach like you should know... never, but never, fuck with the King. "

Burn After Reading (2008)
Directors: Joel & Ethan Coen

"Yeah, I tell ya. I saw an ad for this in a gentlemen's magazine. Twelve hundred bucks. I'm lookin' at this thing and I think, 'You gotta be kiddin' me.' I'm a hobbyist. Thing's basically nothing but speed rails. I figure I'd go down to Home Depot and whip this up myself for... a hundred bucks."

Clerks II (2006)
Director: Kevin Smith

"
We were just killing time with those classes! One semester we took Criminology, for Christ's sakes. What the fuck were we training to be, Batmen?"

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
(2004)
Director: Rawson Marshall Thurber



The Hangover (2009)
Director: Todd Phillips

"It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one."

Hot Fuzz (2007)
Director: Edgar Wright


In the Loop (2009)
Director: Armando Iannucci



Jackass: The Movie
(2002)
Director: Jeff Tremaine



The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)
Director: Wes anderson

"Anybody interested in grabbing a couple of burgers and hittin' the cemetery?"

Sideways (2005)
Director: Alexander Payne

"It tastes like the back of a fucking L.A. school bus. Now they probably didn't de-stem, hoping for some semblance of concentration, crushed it up with leaves and mice, and then wound up with this rancid tar and turpentine bullshit. Fuckin' Raid."

The Simpsons Movie (2007)
Director: David Silverman

"Okay, epiphany, epiphany... oh I know! Bananas are an excellent source of potassium!- Ow! Uh, America will never embrace soccer. - Ow! More than two shakes and it's playing with yourself?"

Shrek (2001)
Director: Andrew Adamson, Vicky Jenson



South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (2000)
Director: Trey Parker



Superbad (2007)
Director: Greg Mottola

"You just cock-blocked McLovin!"

Team America: World Police (2004)
Director: Trey Parker

"We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!"

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (2007)
Director: Jake Kasdan

1 comment:

  1. OK, Office Space actually came out in 1999. Sorry 'bout that. It's still good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...